Thursday, September 27, 2007

"Music touches our souls..."

vince seli

Music [Re: emailing the war [vince said].

attached file: 01 Catherine Todd Track 01 - 9.26.07.mp3


Dear Vince,

Here's a "first draft" of one song I did yesterday up here in VT. I have one or two more to go before I'm done this trip. You are the only one I'm sending it to so far. It's probably really "far off" from what you normally listen to ("Jarhead," anyone?) but wanted to get your opinion. Like I said it's a "first draft" and what "just came out." Just like your writing, I suppose!

Here's what you said, which is why I guess I have the courage to send this:

"I am quite sure you will do wonderfully in Vermont. Music touches our souls only if we are willing to open our ears and minds to ALL forms of it. Good luck. Vince "

Yours, Catherine Todd


On 9/21/07, vince seli wrote:

WOW. I'm not sure what to say i guess i will have to pick it apart piece by piece at a later time., as i am just running in to check my e-mail for the moment. I was sent home from the war for some medical reasons which is what i ment by "for the most part sound". I only have a high school education, so as far as formally trained, i am not. not even close to be honest. i can write well on ocasion and i do write but i do it privetly in a jurnal, which i have kept for years. I spent 5 years going in and out of war zones (afgan and iraq as well as "hot zones" indo-china) As for my feelings on the war itself, that is in it self a whole book, so for now we will leave it as an open discusion between the two of us. i can not portry in words how nice it is to be able to write someone who has an intrest though (it dosent hurt that there are no expectations on how i would or should feel) which is a problem more often than not. so if you promice not to be too critical on the spelling or grammer i would love to keep an open ended discusion from time to time. Feel free to send whatever to whom ever. I dont know if its good enough to send out or be published but feel free. like i said that was a quick email i sent to someone i call brother (if only by friendship). I had no idea there is a movie on the subject and to be honest im not sure if i will see it or not.... thats one of those things, i will most likely go to see it, now if i make it through the whole thing is yet to be seen.
I am quite sure you will do wonderfully in vermont. Music touches our souls only if we are willing to open our ears and minds to ALL forms of it. Good luck.
Vince

No comments: